Google+
Sep

2012

It’s Hard to Say Goodbye; Mundo in Astoria is Closing.

by mackenzi | 9 | Share this Article:

in Astoria

It’s with great sadness that we announce Mundo in Astoria is closing its doors this October. The home of Red Sonjas, tasty veggie wraps and those delicious Manti will become a Mediterranean inspired tapas cafe later this fall. The new owner will focus on light, small plates and exceptional wine pairings.

Fear not fans, we hear they’ll be looking for other opportunities in Astoria including a possible cabaret or Mundo food trunk. So, until then, get your Mundo on while you still can. It’s been a sweet 6 years, friends! You will be missed.

Editor’s Note: We recived this email on 9/28. Looks like the week of October 1st might be the last one for Mundo. I can tell you I’ve had two veggie wraps this week, and I might try for three. Clearly, Mundo will be very much missed. -Mackenzi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

COMMENTS

Jenn from Much to My Delight September 24, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Major BOOOOOOOOO! I love that spot!

Jackie Nyc Mommy September 24, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Oh man, I loved those red sonjas! Too bad.

Christian September 25, 2012 at 4:30 am

Nooooooo! Love this place!

Harris September 25, 2012 at 11:35 am

It looks like those prices were waaaaaaaay too high. When I went a few years ago the prices were high but now it’s just out of control. Their marketing was subpar and they used restaurant.com, which kills business.

mackenzi September 25, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Just to clarify, they’re voluntarily closing the restaurant. This closure isn’t due to landlord issues, or lack of business, or customer issues of any kind. Quite the opposite- they’re taking some time off to relax and regroup.

Pax September 27, 2012 at 12:08 pm

That sucks. The last thing we need is yet another bullish!t “mediterranean inspired” anything. (I’m looking right at you, Aroma 31!).

The crap that people are opening around here waters down the legitimately good stuff lately.

Jesse September 27, 2012 at 3:24 pm

No!!! Please beg them to give up their Red Sonja recipe then. Please.

Lisa October 4, 2012 at 8:10 am

I am really having trouble getting over this one! This is the restaurant in Astoria I have been to the most. The most joyous memories and they also have the best waiter of all time. Red Sonja, I need you in my life FOREVER.