Astoria Arrivals, Featured, Food and Drink, Mexican, News
Aug 14, 2019

UPDATE: Chipotle on Steinway to Open September 25

UPDATE – We previously reported that the Steinway Chipotle will be opening Wednesday, August 28th, but a rep just let us know that it was moved again to Wednesday, September (…)

total shares!

The new Chipotle location on Steinway. Credit to Google Maps.

UPDATE – We previously reported that the Steinway Chipotle will be opening Wednesday, August 28th, but a rep just let us know that it was moved again to Wednesday, September 25th.

Back in November we shared news that a Chipotle location will be opening on Steinway St. Well, today we have even more specific news…that the location Grand Opening will be on Wednesday,  September 25!

The corporate rep also let us know that the first 50 customers in line will receive some free Chipotle swag (if hours are the same as other locations, it will open at 10:45 a.m.). With lots of empty storefronts on Steinway, it’s exciting to have something new, even if it is a chain. What do you think?

31-73 Steinway Street, Long Island City

18 Comments

BMG

Stopped by today, August 30th and sad to report not open. Closer. But the better half is going to wait before walking down again…

Born and Raised Astoria

Oh there’s a place for everyone here in Astoria always was always will be! Welcome to anyone that will bring people to Steinway Street to shop cuz have u been by lately it’s way quieter than I remembered with so many internet shoppers not coming out there homes & stores closed…..so relax it will be all good! :) Those who love small shops will continue to go to small shops those who love big shops will continue to go to big shops. No one is gonna get brainwashed cuz of a restaurant and NYC which has tens of thousands and none got me crazy like that! Astoria has always been diverse so to be worried about it is not necessary! Steinway Street business owners are happy believe that!

Mark

Hope you’re not shifting toward promoting these corporate franchises opening in Astoria. Not at all happy to have Chipotle coming in. Let’s find all possible ways to support and encourage to small business owners putting their own culture on the table – instead.

That guy

It’s easy to get excited about a Chipotle for me because I have found myself in the situation of having an upset stomach after ordering from local small businesses that offer similar cuisine. Chipotle is held to higher standards and more scrutiny with their cleanliness and food storage practices. I’m looking forward to getting consistent quality of burritos and tacos (with better vegetable options!) without a really unpleasant trip to the bathroom.

Claire Leaden

The Chipotle press department has not gotten back to us on this front – the only location we have confirmation of is the Steinway location.

Tony Romero

Ugh…. of all the things. I have to disagree. I’m not overtly thrilled that this is coming to my area. I just don’t see the point of this place coming to where there’s so many good local mexican places that are small, fresh and family owned. I can deal with McDonalds and KFC. Guilty cravings late at night. But this? New folks that will move it will go to it because it’s what they know…and the smaller family places will shutter. That’s what happens when places like this open.