Happy Friday everyone! You may remember that in last week’s FF edition, Mackenzi brought you a nifty little gift guide, keyed to Unexpected Astoria Gifts. Well today’s twist features little luxurious gifts you can get to treat your loved ones, and while some are a splurge others just look like they were.
1. Spa Hydra – my all time favorite place in Astoria to relax and re-fresh, Spa Hydra offers an upscale experience equivalent to any luxurious spa in Manhattan. It’s tranquil, understated and the services are simply awesome. I highly recommend their hour-long classic Swedish massage, which will do the trick and get rid of any painful knots from a stressful week. But what’s even better is that they’re running a special on gifting – buy a gift card between now and December 20th and Spa Hydra will add $25 to its value. Oh and they’re also offering 30% off any service of your choice, so while you’re buying that gift card, stick around and treat yourself to a massage too! 35-11 36th Street, Long Island City. 718.267.7991
2. Natura Spa – Yet another way to pamper that important woman in your life is to treat her to a luxurious haircut or deep conditioning treatment. Natura Spa is a great place for either and they offer specialized hair treatments as well such as Brazilian Keratin, which is on special right now. They’re running a couple of discounts at the moment, so you can ensure your friends will get the best deal possible when using their gift. 31-24 Steinway Street, Astoria. 718.956.5530
3. Christos Steakhouse – With so many incredible restaurants in Astoria, it’s hard to choose just one that’s gift worthy. But after some consideration, I’m going with Christos Steakhouse, which will perfectly satiate any hard-core steak lover. While I realize this may not be attractive to everyone (that’s why you’ll find the next recommendation helpful), your steak fans can expect a quality experience, with exceptional food and service. 41-08 23rd Avenue, Astoria. 718.777.8400
4. Mundo - If your loved one happens to be a vegetarian, consider getting him/her a gift card to Mundo. We couldn’t praise this small, eclectic eatery more if we tried. Not only are the costs not bank breaking, the food here is so ingeniously prepared, feeling like a much deserved luxury. We love that buying a gift card is super convenient, and you can purchase yours online, directly on through their website. Easy shmeazy! 31-18 Broadway #E, Astoria. 718.777.2829
5. Black Box Dessert Club – Although not exactly based in Astoria, I found out about this luxurious dessert club service through Mackenzi when she had her big pre-holiday sale at SITE. The lovely representatives from Black Box totally enticed me with their luxurious artisan treats that are gorgeously packaged, and completely suitable for your favorite dessert freak. They’re featuring a Holiday Box with chai spice caramel sauce, honey graham, pumpkin spice brownies, bacon bourbon and pecan caramel corn, among other delicious things. http://blackboxdessertclub.goodsie.com/
If you liked this week’s gift guide, look out next week for Meg’s post on charity gifts.